Monday, April 7, 2014

Bright and cheery yellow

It seems like I often find related items around the same time. I’m not sure if it’s because an item similar to something I just bought catches my eye or it’s just a coincidence. Last summer, it was the color yellow that I kept finding. Personally, I tend to gravitate toward darker colors. However, I was loving the cheery yellow. It just really popped and made me happy. And after this long winter we've had I find I’m again really liking the color yellow. It’s such a nice bright spring color.  

I love this yellow metal bowl. It has some rusting, but I know I could find a use for it.


I love the design on this canister. One of the things I really liked about this canister, is the piece of masking tape on the lid labeled "oatmeal". I imagine someone's grandma making the best ever oatmeal cookies and this is where she kept the oatmeal.


And this is where the grandma would keep her best ever oatmeal cookies. 

All three of these pieces really had me debating whether or not I should totally redo my red kitchen and go for a yellow look. I love cooking and being in my kitchen, but I think I would love being in the kitchen more with such a fun and bright color like yellow everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment