Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kitchen wall art

A while back I found some Dick Bruna books. They were well loved and were held together by tape in many places, but I knew the pictures inside had to be framed. I spent a long time looking for some square frames, but my patience paid off when I recently found some silver frames on clearance at Target.
 
I went back and forth on what I wanted to use as a background, but in the end I used some of my favorite vintage shelf liner.  


I like how they turned out. It adds a bit of whimsy to my kitchen.
 
Another fun side note: I had these books for many months, but it wasn't until I started this project that I noticed the signature in the back of two of the books. They belonged to my kindergarten teacher! Is it possible I could have read these books all those years ago and they found their way back to me? I like to think so.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment