Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wood shelf

The thing I really love about junkin' is not knowing what you'll find. Sure, I could go to Target and buy a shelf and have my room completed, but what fun would that be? Therefore, my house isn't decorated as I would like, but I'm willing to be patient until I find each perfect piece to complete each room of our house. 

I had a different idea in mind for the space above my buffet, but then I found this great shelf. My new junkin' buddy, (more on that later), and I decided to make a quick trip to a thrift store over the weekend. This shelf caught my eye and I knew it was something my husband would love as well.


I'm not real big on wood pieces, but I love this shelf. We have so many fishing and hunting collectibles, but not enough shelves for all of it. It was so nice to pull some things out and get them displayed again. 


The sides of the shelf have deer silhouettes. Perfect for our displays! 


I also picked up this plate recently even though I didn't know where I was going to put it. Now I have a space! I knew it would be something my husband would like. Plus I like souvenirs so it appealed to me too. On the top of the plate is says "Souvenir of Bismarck, N.D.". I stuck some of our Peters shells in the cup.

2 comments:

  1. Stacy, Your blog is looking so good, not to mention all the fantastic ideas you have on it!! Love the wooden shelf, necklaces, mustache candles, address book, and all your fabulous finds. Can't wait to start junking more once we get settled into your house (don't tell Eric hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie! Not only will I not tell Eric, but I'll help you fill your house!

    ReplyDelete