Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rockin' on Grammy night

I've been wanting to do this project since I watched the movie "Pirate Radio". If you have never seen it, there is a scene where one of the DJ's gets married and the crew spells out "Just Married" on record sleeves. While they had the sleeves taped to the wall, I wondered if I could attach them all to fabric for a cool banner. This project was really easy and I love how it turned out. I debated about sewing the sleeves on the fabric strip, but decided to use no sew Heat n Bond instead. It worked like a charm. The letters are just glued on the sleeves.



I had it hung above my son's bed, but he's not much of a rocker so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. It might be kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but it says "Rock On".

 If I do another, I may use a fabric that isn't so busy. I would have preferred a thinner strip of fabric, but you couldn't really see any of the pictures on this fabric if it was thinner. I like how it looks, I just may tone it down some next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment