Sunday, June 17, 2012

Green striped trunk

My find of the day at yesterday's rummage sale was the trunk. I've been looking for another trunk for one of the boys' rooms. I'm just not sure I can give it up. Not that I have a space for it. I just really like it. It's green. And it has stripes. Two of my favorite things.


 There is a tag on the side handle that adds some more charm to the trunk. The writing is very faded, but I could make out some of it. It was going to someone in Ohio.

 This is the back of the tag.

I love this clothing list that was taped in the inside lid. I'm guessing this is a list of what was or needed to be packed inside. That trunk could hold a lot of clothes! I also love what is on the list. It's definitely from another time. Multiple pairs of trousers, neckties, undershirts and 18(!) hankies are on the list. You can snicker like a middle schooler, because one pair of rubbers are on the list too. And don't forget to pack two pairs of western jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment