Friday, November 25, 2011

School bench turned TV stand

This TV stand was once a school gym bench. I would guess in a locker room, in the aisle between lockers? I came by it, the way of the Traveling Trunk in Mandan. If you've never been to the Traveling Trunk, you have to go! That's an order!

I love our house. It was built in 1926 and has some really great features, but lacks space. I've tried to make the best out of our tight living room and this bench fits perfectly in the one corner. I will have to do something with the DVD player and video game consoles underneath. Not sure what, but that's the fun part: searching for the pieces that will complete the space. 


I think I was destined to have this bench. With so much high school and college sports stuff in our living room, it was meant to be. 


My parents make these great door knobs. People use them for all sorts of things, like hanging necklaces or towels. We have one in the living room for our Wii controllers. 


I have a couple of wire baskets under the bench to corral video game controllers and accessories and one for games.

No comments:

Post a Comment