Saturday, November 19, 2011

Collections

 I spent a good part of today putting up Christmas decorations and wanted to share some of my holiday decorating, but my camera battery died and I didn't go out to get any more batteries. I'm sure I have some backup batteries somewhere, but I can't find them right now. So until I get those pictures uploaded, let me share one of my collections.

In our living room we have a lot of sports memorabilia. I started collecting football buttons and my favorites are displayed on the set of lockers that we keep our coats in.


This is a favorite just because it's my high school and the year I was born.



Three of these were my mom's. So glad she hung onto them!

 

This is my favorite. I got it in a $5 bag of buttons at a thrift store. The bag was taped and as I moved buttons around trying to see what was all in there I saw the words Sioux vs. Bison. I opened the bag as soon as I got to the car to see what I had gotten. I was so excited when I saw it. Not only is it the Sioux vs. the Bison, but it's a Homecoming pin, which are my favorite. I did a little research and I'm happy to report the Bison won this game. At UND. At their Homecoming. Ha!


And finally, the buttons that started the collection. These buttons have great graphics. And I love buttons that still have their ribbons.

1 comment: