Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Treasures for my sister

I picked up this 1947 Kerr canning booklet at Junkfest last year. I think I got it in a bundle of stuff, but hung on to this because I love the "Modern Homemaker" cover. I haven't done anything with it and my sister likes canning so she's getting it.




 The inside has great illustrations and pictures and is filled with recipes and useful canning tips. There is also a centerfold only a vintage loving woman would love: Canning labels! They are pictured on the right, but didn't scan in great. You can see them a little better if you click on the picture. 

I also ran across a bundle of hotel envelopes, stationary, and postcards at a rummage sale over the weekend that my sister will be getting to add to her hotel collection. I paid a whole 50 cents for a pretty good stack of stuff.



This is a great Holiday Inn envelope. There are also some really nice graphics on the back.




This was one of my favorite postcards from the stash. Gotta love the ladies relaxing around the pool. This hotel is in Springfield, Illinois. It's still there, State House Inn, but alas, it doesn't look they have a pool anymore.

Hope you like your new treasures, Mrs. G! They'll be in the mail shortly so be on the lookout!

1 comment:

  1. I posted a comment on here last night and now I don't see it. Weird. THanks a million for the cool finds! You are really finding the neat stuff lately. I can't wait to get them and start figuring out a spot to put it all. :)

    ReplyDelete