Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Advent calendar

This was our Advent calendar this year. One of the boys and I found the small stockings at a thrift store this fall. I added some numbered stickers I had in my scrap booking supplies. Around the stockings, I add the kids' Christmas artwork and continue to add it as the stockings disappear through the season. The bear stocking is mine from back in the day.




Of course, I couldn't use plain old binder clips to attach the stockings to the crib spring. I put some pretty vintage Christmas paper on most of them.



This is our first Advent calendar from three Christmases ago. The tiny gift bags were from a thrift store. I used some clip art and printed the numbered labels on sticker paper. That year we hung them from a rope across our big window. The next year we put the bags on the crib spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment